5.10.2011

Hickory Kist

My friend Sarah and I have been friends since we started working at the Bean Life Science Museum our Freshman year at BYU (which was almost 2 years ago. eek.). This summer we are both working full time at the Bean and have decided to make lunch every Friday "Fabulous Frugal Friday".

The requirements for "Fab-Frug-Fri" are:
1) 2 {or more} single ladies
2) The hour between 1:00 & 2:00pm
3) A BOGO or Half off coupon to a never-before-dined-in restaurant
4) A camera to document the (hopefully) delicious findings.
5) Delightful savings and joyous conversation between delectable bites.

So, here's our first try at it...

Friday, May 6th: Hickory Kist

First of all, isn't the name clever?! I was into it the first time Sarah talked about it, only from the title. This lovely place is found at 42 West Center Street in Provo.


They're known for their signature sandwiches and meats. Sarah and I found this coupon that gets you a BOGO on any sandwich in the store! (Not to mention that it's free online and doesn't expire until December 31, 2011!!)

We decided to each get a sandwich. Sarah got...



The Clinster:
2 Slices of homemade white bread
Honey Butter
Mayo
Hickory Kist signature turkey breast
Breaded chicken breast
Tomato
Avacado
Lettuce
All smothered in HK Barbeque sauce

Yep, it was just as good as it sounds.

I got....



The Mojo:
2 slices of Homemade Wheat bread
Honey Butter
Mayo
Avacado
Ranch
Tomato
Turkey Breast
Breaded Chicken

(I can't figure out how to get rid of the underline....) These were some of the best sandwiches I've had in a very long time! So filling and so much flavor! My favorite part was the two different kinds of meat: Breaded Chicken and Turkey. WHO KNEW?!?!

And if there's one thing I love more than free food...



It's having some to take home after.

Three cheers for a successful first Fabulous Frugal Friday!
If you have any suggestions to places to go, I'd love to hear about these hidden treasures.
Lastly, if you don't have anything going on between 1:00 and 2:00pm on Friday and feel like trying something new, give me a buzz. We'd love your company.

No comments:

Post a Comment