3.21.2010

Life as of Late

Well, it's over.

Miss PG finished up last night. It went by SO fast. We were onstage doing the opening number and then quicker than you knew it, we were onstage waiting for the awards to be announced! I didn't make it into the royalty, but I did win the eveningwear portion of the night, nabbing myself a slick 100 bucks. No complaining there! I was so lucky to have so many friends and family there to support me. Seriously it wouldn't have been possible without you. It was a good experience overall though. I'm glad I did it, but i am SO glad it's over too. haha

It's funny, i haven't even planned my life past yesterday. Time to move upward and onward I guess! Congrats to the royalty. You guys deserve it, and I hope you have a GREAT year. :)

As for me, here are my goals and aspirations for the rest of the semester:
1. Keep going to the gym. It's my choice now, and swimsuit season is coming up.

2. Go to the temple every week.
-While we are on this subject, let me just tell you of a new friend i made, that has seriously influenced my life. His name is Mark Malmgren. We met at the freshman housing dance about a month ago and we have been hanging out and talking everyday since. When i met him i just thought he was another funny guy here at BYU, but the more i get to know him, the more i realize how much he knows about himself. He and I have IDENTICAL personalities so i think that's why we get along so well. Anyways, he is so set in his personality and ways. I feel like most of the time I am just struggling to keep my head above water, but he has shown me that when you like or dislike or have an opinion on something that you can let it be known and people will still like you! He's so spiritual too. He's the person that is going to make me go to the temple everyweek, because if we go around 4 on Wednesday like we did this week, then we get to spend about 2 hours just chillin and feeling the spirit. nothing better than that. I'm so lucky to have met him. Mark if you only knew what you really have helped me think about...

3. STUDY. let's be honest: I'm not a studier. This is another thing that Mark has taught me. He is ALWAYS studying. literally. and that's why he gets no less than a 98% on all his tests! insane little bugger, but i'm going to try to be better. And now i am done talking about mark. haha

4. Serve. i've learned through miss pg that i am the happiest when i am doing things for others and opening my heart and giving my time to them. when you're thinking about others, things seem to just kind of pan out in your life. at least that's how it's come for me.

5. Budget. i need to save my money. if i'm going to take a trip this summer i need to save. as a matter of fact, if i'm going to go to school in the fall i need to save. i'm growing up. sickness.

Back to regular life. and i agree with my friend hilary. i have won the parent lottery. thanks mom and dad for everything you've done for me and i'm sure there will be countless numbers of hours of help in the future also. i love you guys.

p.s.: Mark and i aren't dating. haha i know it kinda sounds like that. just friends.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Kenzie,
    this is rather creepy that i stalk your blog, but i do. You did absolutely fantastic in the pageant on Saturday. I even got a little teary-eyed when your little miss came out. She is adorable.
    Just so you know, i've always looked up to quite a lot. Ever since i was the lone-sophomore in our Sweethearts group last year, you made me feel loved. You are the kind of girl that holds strong to her standards, & i really appreciate that. Oh, thanks for being so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. meg,
    you have no idea how much this means to me! you are so sweet. i love your photography and you in general! you are so sincere. i'm glad we connected at that dance last year. since then i may have been vicariously stalking your blog also. :) you are so kind for thinking this way of me and you truly have made my day. thank YOU for being so lovely.

    ReplyDelete