4.13.2010

Great things...

Here are just a few things i really have learned to love in the last bit:

1. Driving down State Street in Pleasant Grove on the first Saturday in April around 9:00 (after priesthood) and looking into Taco Amigo to see a flood of white shirts with priesthood-holders inside them, filling their temporal bellies with all that is taco goodness.

2. BYU zoobie-ness. only here would we cheer, hoot and holler about being voted the most "stone-cold sober school in america." i love that.

3. I've been a little upset about the bi-polarness of good old mother nature lately, for instance today when i woke up there was about an inch of snow powdering the ground, i stormed out into the front room where my dear hilary was snoozing, rudely yanked open the blinds, and simply pointed and stomped my foot at that disgusting sight. But, nevertheless by 1 o clock this afternoon it was warm enough to only wear a light jacket. I liked that. the worst turned into the best.

4. The Bean. i love my job. I work at the Bean Life Science Museum. I am a secretary to the president/head/dean of everything that goes down here. he is the nicest guy. i get to be independent while still working closely with awesome people. i'm learning new super cool secretarial skills while also hanging out with my peeps. yeah baby.

5. having my nails done. i have ugly fingers. they appear to be swollen even when they're not, but when i have these great extensions on the tips of them they make me feel like i'm always dressed up. Not to mention the strange affect they seem to have to the male gender. I've never had so many guys leaning forward when they're sitting next to me as i have when they know i have acrylic wonders on my lame sausages.

6. feeling like someone actually wants me around. now that's the greatest.

2 comments:

  1. Agreed to number five.
    don't you feel so dainty?
    it's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. dainty is the exact word i would use.
    very good word choice megan.

    ReplyDelete