2.15.2010

Miss P.G

On January 15, 2010 I made a decision that i NEVER would have thought i would make. i decided to participate in the Miss Pleasant Grove scholarship pageant.

In my life I have always had some sort of goal to work towards or something to keep me busy and i feel that here at my time at BYU i lost that sense to working for something. So, when my ex-vocal instructor suggested that i do miss pg, i dismissed it at first, but then thought about it some more and realized that it could be something fun to work towards! So, i signed the paper and started the process. Here's my team:

Nutritionist/personal trainer: Jessie Walters. She is my aunt that everyone in my family says that i look like. she is insane with health and working out and such. she has me on a workout diet and a cool workout schedule and i check in with her every week. 9 lbs down. :) it feels good to just know that she thinks i can do this.

Hostess/confidante: Angela Sanders. She was my high school drill coach and won miss PG when she was in college and helps me out with EVERYTHING. she's so amazing and i'm excited to get to go through this with her help.

Pageant Coach: Tewa Wride. Tewa is the queen of pageants. she is currently helping 10 different contestants get prepared for Miss Utah. She knows everything about interview and talent and presenting yourself well.

News and Info Coordinator: Geret Giles. My dad. he's always been so supportive of my drive and my goals and tries to help out in any way that he can. WE talk about things that are going on in the world to get me ready for my interview. I haven't been very good at communicating with him, but i will be. :)

Assistant extroidinaire: Kelley Giles. My mom. She has been there to support me every step of the way and keep my hopes up of actually doing this. I'm very excited to try something so out of my comfort zone...and hers. :)

I'll definitely keep you posted on the ins and out of the pageant life. toodles

No comments:

Post a Comment