2.01.2010

Missionaries

Well here we are again. Me doing stupid things and learning my lessons. After Tony left i figured out a few things about him that he wasn't very honest about and i was upset. When a best friend lies to you it hurts, but when the best friend is someone who you wanted to marry someday it hurts even worse. I had come to the conclusion that i was going to stop writing him, tell him he was a horrible person, and that i didn't want to associate with someone who treated me that way. Of course shortly after i learned that that wasn't the way to do things. a few days after i had my breakdown i recieved a letter from Elder Holman. I hadn't written him back from his last letter and I could tell that he was struggling. as i read his letter i just cried thinking about how selfish i was to think that i had a right to take my support away from him when he is trying something completely new and needs my help more now than ever. I may not be writing for love, but for friendship and i think his letter definitely helped me find that out. Just being supportive is everything he needs right now. Encouraging words, a few updates from home and my life, and a lot of prayer goin his way.



Don't give up on these guys. No matter what happens, they always need a little love from back home.

1 comment:

  1. i hope Tony is doing better! the first little bit is always hard! it is so true that supporting them by letters and prayer is important! I just got a letter from a friend today telling me how much that meant! you are awesome Kenzie!

    ReplyDelete